~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

StoresOnline - SCAM !! SCAM !! SCAM !!

The gospel truth: I was busy--yesterday evening and this morning--regarding Dotless Domain SCAM. Just moments ago (12 noon) I did a Google search for STORES ONLINE and found there are hundreds of complaints!! I was suckered for the second time in less than three months!! This expense was (thankfully) a modest $38.00. Yesterday, the presenter, Joanna Larsen, was young, beautiful and articulate. I really "bonded" with her because she came across as someone who sincerely wanted to help small business entrepreneurs succeed. Unlike my negative (over the phone) experience with Dotless Domain, this seminar was in an attractive meeting room in a Marriott Hotel. After the presentation--and most of the attendees purchased a "license"--sandwiches and cookies were served. I did some mental arithmetic: 50 attendees times $38. = $1900. The meeting room, food, "free" MP3 players, and three staff members salary would have, conceivably, exceeded the income. I didn't suspect a SCAM!! (Isn't there a saying to the effect: "We only see what we want to see"?) I'm such a gullible old woman!! ~~ From 554 listed on RipOffReport, here is one complaint about StoresOnline, and a second, and a third. Now I understand... the money is made by "selling" web sites at the second meeting. The StoresOnline expenses far exceed the $2,985. I lost to Dotless Domain. I'm heartsick for the unsuspecting victims of this fraud!! One more link and I'm finished for today. (The morning devoted to Dotless Domain, and over four hours this afternoon reading StoresOnline complaints.) Excuse me, after more research, visit Storesonline Reviews for more complaints.

~~~~~~~~~

From one of my readers, I'm quoting a portion of a newspaper article that mentions StoresOnline (near the end of the article).
"Another company that donated to Shurtleff, Storesonline, which markets a service selling and hosting online-business Websites, has been named in two individual lawsuits and settled eight actions with various state attorneys general from California to North Carolina. It is also facing two pending actions in the United States and one in Australia. The 2007 pending case with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission comes only a year after Storesonline settled with the country in 2006. In that agreement, the company promised to stop making false and misleading statements and agreed to refund 175 Australian consumers a total $673,478." ~~ There's more!! Read the article.

Furthermore, you might like to sign a petition to Clean up Utah's Call Centers, Lead Providers and Fulfillment Centers .


~~~~~~~~~

Postscript: Please visit my GDI website.





No comments:

Post a Comment