~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, December 29, 2008

Do you subscribe this opinion?

I'm not only "keen" on "green," I am very budget-minded!! I was distressed to hear a segment on the NBC Today show (today) about discarding food items. The guest speaker went over everything from canned goods to balsamic vinegar. Toss the canned goods if they are over a year old!! Toss the spices if they are over a year old!! Toss the olive oil... if it has been exposed to sunlight!! (Personally, I keep my extra virgin olive oil in a dark cool place so I'm OK with that product. Cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil is so-o-o expensive, and so-o-o good for you!!) Balsamic vinegar is like fine wine and can cost a little, or a lot. It won't spoil so can keep indefinitely!! Who among us can start the New Year by going through the cupboards, and pantry, and tossing items a year old?? I'll bet my "old" condiments, and "old" organic canned goods, are healthier than the processed food in many cupboards and refrigerators!!!! Remember: The title of my "blog" is In My Humble Opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment