~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Prayer for the Brokenhearted

Do you have little desktop daily motivational cards?? I have several. April 18th, from Come Before Winter and Share My Hope by Charles R. Swindoll: The Checked Path to Victory. "It was Theodore Roosevelt who said, 'Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.' Keep on daring mighty things."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
O God,
whose love restores
the brokenhearted
of this world:
pour out your love,
we beseech you,
upon those who feel lonely,
abandoned, or unloved.
Strengthen their hope
to meet the days ahead;
give them the courage to
form life-giving friendships;
and bless them with the joy
of your eternal peace.
Amen.

- Vienna Cobb Anderson

Source: Adapted from "Prayers of Our Hearts" © 1991 Vienna Cobb Anderson. Reprinted with the permission of the author.

And copied from Beliefnet.com.
~~~~~~~
Postscript: Yesterday, after receiving the Income Tax Refund, and applying it to the Dotless Domain debt, I "celebrated" by driving to Big Lots. I purchased a buggy-full of food items to donate to the local Senior Center's food pantry. I understand they (S.C.) have more requests for food than they have items. Why Big Lots? Because I can buy twice as much!! Today I'll shop one of the Dollar stores. Despite the setbacks this last year, I am so blessed!! My cupboards are full of organics; my rent and utilities are paid. I'm gradually recovering from acute ozone poisoning.





No comments:

Post a Comment