~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, February 26, 2009

RipOff Reports

I believe I've opened "Pandora's Box." Until recently, I rarely ventured down the "information super highway". Several months ago, my search was brief for information about allergies. The desperate need to regain my health forced me (Feb. 9th) to spend extended hours researching asthma (and sub-sequently ozone poisoning). Now I can't tear myself away from the Internet; I'm constantly searching.... A couple of days ago I found complaints about EcoQuest on RipOff.com . "Yes" I added my experience to their web site. I earnestly wish there were some way that I could reach into the homes of senior citizens (like myself) and caution them with "Caveat Emptor" (buyer beware).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coincidentally (previously unknown to me), at 3:30 PM, 2/26/09 (still searching the 'net), I found that Hunter, of Portland, Tennessee, cautioned the customers (on 5/28/08) with those same words.


"What became EcoQuest International began as Alpine Industries and was owned by Mr. William Converse, the one who developed the technology in his home basement. It is my opinion that Mr. Converse was an honorable man who sought to help people. On a much smaller scale, he was successful for several years. It was when Michael Jackson assumed control and changed the name to EcoQuest International that seems to have begun the long list of tragedies we read about here on RipOff Reports.

I was a dealer with EcoQuest for 4 years and actually made a very modest profit at first. Then came the failed machines and the ridiculously expensive shipping and handling charges for returning a machine for even warranted repairs.

Because I am a man of character and honor, I absorbed those charges rather than insist my customers bear that burden. On many of those units sold, I refunded my customers' money whether or not the unit was still under warranty. That's why I now have a closet full of non-working EcoQuest Air Purifiers that I refuse to sell, even on Ebay.

There are other 'problems' associated with most affiliations with EcoQuest, but I'm sure most who have fallen victim to the scheme need no reminder. The best advice I can offer to anyone considering an EcoQuest business or product is 'Caveat emptor', Let the buyer beware."

Hunter
Portland, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Comments from RipOff.com .

Lorraine here: Cross my heart... when I published my blog about 9:30 this morning, "Caveat Emptor" came from my anguish. Reading the words, at 3:30 this afternoon, was an affirmation that my hours of research, and documen-tation, are extremely important. I suggest that the viewer read the many complaints at RipOffReport.com and ConsumerAffairs.com .


1 comment:

  1. Are you aware of the huge amount of dust and bacteria that you breathe and drink? Having a purifier in the house has become a necessity. There are various types of purifiers depending on the material you want to purify. Some of the common ones are the Air Purifier and water purifier. For more information on Air Cleaners and Purifiers for your home try visiting http://discountallergyproducts.com, a website that specializes in providing helpful tips, advice and Air Cleaners and Purifiers resources to include Honeywell Air Purifier and more.

    ReplyDelete