~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Quotes that Celebrate Friendship


Friendship (with a capital F) is a rare and precious thing, some mystical combination of compatible senses of humor, kind listening ears, and feelings of closeness and trust even if you live far from each other.

Who can you count on for support, advice, and fun? Share this collection of quotes with your boon companion and let them know how much you value their friendship.

"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies." Aristotle

"The only way to have a friend is to be one." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"To have a good friend is one of the highest delights of life; to be a good friend is one of the noblest and most difficult undertakings." Anonymous

"To a friend’s house, the road is never long." Danish Proverb

"One who looks for a friend without faults will have none." Hasidic Saying

"Who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure." Apocrypha Ben Sira 6 14

"A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God send me a friend that will tell me of my faults." Thomas Fuller

"The most called-upon prerequisite of a friend is an accessible ear." Maya Angelou

"If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it." Edgar Watson Howe

"I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar." Robert Brault

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." Walter Winchell

Lorraine here: I'm bereft... please keep me in your thoughts and prayers!!




No comments:

Post a Comment