~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, January 2, 2009

Feel-Good Fruit for Winter Blues

The whirlwind holiday season has finally passed, and now you’re feeling . . . sad? For a quick pick-me-up, grab a banana.

Not only do bananas help you think faster, but they help you think happier thoughts, too. That’s why RealAge experts Mehmet Oz, MD, and Michael Roizen, MD, recommend having a daily banana.

Mind, Body, and Soul Fruit
Eating a banana a day may help your brain cells communicate better and enhance the effects of feel-good neurotransmitters, such as serotonin. Antioxidant-rich bananas are also a great source of vitamin B6, a nutrient credited with helping guard against Parkinson’s disease.

Go Bananas
Need more reasons to eat bananas? Besides making your wits quicker, they’ll also: Reduce your risk of kidney cancer, and help keep your blood pressure steady because they’re full of potassium.

RealAge Benefit: Eating a diverse diet that includes 4 servings of fruit per day can make your RealAge as much as 4 years younger.

I'll be honest with you. I'm much happier now that the holidays are over!! The period between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day are the saddest days of the year for me!! So-o-o-o, Lorraine's saying let's go buy some bananas and have a happy, healthy day!! I enhance my vegan diet with vitamin-rich Max N-Fuze. You can read about N-Fuze at my web site http:/SeniorSecurity.MaxTrax4u.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment