~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, January 26, 2009

Paper or plastic?

I'm posting a short message because my itchy, burning, watery, eyes limit my time in front of the computer.


Paper or plastic? As an enlightened Biter, you can say “Neither!” Show off your light-green, sassy style in the checkout line with our custom designed Biter Bags. Made of biodegradable but durable jute (coated with recycled plastic for easy cleaning), these bags will tote your groceries, gym clothes, and farmer’s market finds in true eco-style. Buy a few to keep in the trunk of your car or close to the door so you’re ready for any last-minute errands.

Why care?

Worldwide, more than one million plastic bags are used every minute. In the United States, about 12 million barrels of oil and 14 million trees go to producing plastic and paper bags each year. Each year, about 4 billion plastic bags end up as litter. Just one acre of jute consumes over 13,228 pounds of CO2. Jute was grown in India and is Fair Trade Certified. Bags are designed in the USA. $12 each, plus $3.95 for shipping and handling within the U.S.


Check their website for further details. I'm listing this message on my blog because I'm super-sensitive about plastic bags!! (So is San Francisco!!) Personally, I have several colorful tote bags that I carry into the market so I don't have to use their plastic bags. If I forget... then I neatly bag the bags and return them to a recycling center. My colorful tote bags came from a Thrift Shop and cost less than a dollar each. We don't have to pay $16. but if we can afford it, it makes a nice statement.





No comments:

Post a Comment