~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dental appointment

6:15 AM: I'm almost ready to leave for the 7 AM dental appointment. I'm checking my e-mail...; I'm drinking organic green tea. TV weatherman says: "No showers out there; none in sight! Sunshine, blue skies...." It's 69 degrees right now headed for 90 degrees.

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

10:10 AM and I'm back home. Remember, yesterday, I asked "How can one tiny tooth cause so much pain?" Today I ask "How can removal of one tooth leave such a big hole?" X-ray showed decay inside the tooth, beyond the existing filling, close to the nerve. The doctor said a lot of work to save the tooth--so he extracted it.

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

See all those dollar signs? I spent a lot of money this morning!! (I won't tell you how much the appointment cost me; no dental insurance.) Next, to the Post Office for 44 cent stamps and mail several letters. (I bought Bob Hope commemorative stamps.) Then to the car wash where my KIA got the "royal treatment." (Funny how a vehicle runs better when it is immaculately clean!!) Finally, to the Senior Center where I dropped off food items for their Food Pantry.

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

Here I am, with my cup of organic green tea, sitting at the computer. No pain, no dis-comfort. A beautiful morning!!

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

5:55 PM: For the diversion, 1) to beat the heat, 2) for exercise, 3) to take my mind off the taste of blood in my mouth, 4) etc., etc., I drove to our local indoor Mall. I walked 1.13 miles and over 2700 steps. I browsed several stores but didn't see a single item I wanted to purchase. ~~ Honestly, I "wanted" ice cream but it isn't on my natural foods diet. My mind thought ice cream would taste so good!! Fortunately, I had something better in my refrigerator: juicy, cold, fresh pineapple!! Yum, yum!!





No comments:

Post a Comment