~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Going camping with my Teardrop Trailer

11:11 AM: It feels like 100 degrees!! Perspiration was dripping off my fore-head. I have been busy unloading the Flea Market merchandise from my Little Guy Teardrop travel trailer. Perhaps I will load some items back into the trailer for a brief trip to a Thrift Shop--as a donation. I am so "ready" to visit some of the spectacular beauty of North Carolina!! (I regularly watch UNC-TV [public broadcasting] and see programs detailing sites from the coast to the mountains.) I particularly want to spend time along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

For your information: Most Teardrop Trailers have a "kitchen" when the hatch is lifted. I intentionally purchased a utility model because I preferred the space to haul things. I don't need a kitchen; my diet is primarily fruit and veggies. I have a one-burner Coleman propane stove to heat water for green tea, or an occasional can of soup. I have small ice chests to keep a few things cold. (I'm not planning long trips.) The mattress is very comfortable, and originally designed for a hospital bed (where comfort is King?).

Honestly, when I'm traveling, I rarely open the hatch. See the doors on each side of the trailer? I crawl in from one side or the other depending on where I am parked. And, to the horror of most people I tell, I park for the night in Walmart parking lots!! Of course, when I travel the Blue Ridge Parkway--or visit the Great Smokey Mountains--I'll stay in Forest Service campgrounds (because, Praise the Lord, no Walmarts).

See my little yellow dog in the foreground?? I have signs that I put in the window of each door saying "Beware of the dog." I trust that is adequate security. When someone asks, I can honestly show them one (of two) dogs that are in the trailer.

To see Teardrop trailers from the company I bought from, visit the
Little Guy web site. To see a variety of new, and vintage, Teardrops visit Teardrop Trailers Hall of Fame.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Postscript, 3:33 PM: I broke a promise!! I was not going to bring anything back into the apartment. I transferred things from the trailer to the porch. That wouldn't do, however, because another severe thunder storm is on the horizon. So, reluctantly, I brought things indoors. The KIA is still full of "for sale" items so no room for things from the trailer. With the shuffle, I found some more items that I can donate to the Senior Center for door prizes. Other stuff to a Thrift Shop for a donation. I'm making progress (cross my heart!!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Postscript 4:44PM: Reservations made for a Teardrop campout at Shenandoah Valley Campground near Verona, Virginia. Suddenly I feel as though a great load has been lifted from my shoulders. Taking a break from my labors, and the heat, I searched for a Teardrop Trailers camping event within reasonable driving distance. Gratefully, I found one scheduled and quickly phoned to make a three-day reservation!! No more procrastination about summer travel!! To my further credit: That Friday, July 10th, is one of the days that I have paid to be a vendor at "Junk in the Trunk" Flea Market at the Senior Center. Frankly, when I started unloading the trailer early this morning, I never dreamed I'd make such progress. (Obviously, some of the suggestions about disengaging from clutter had an impact on me!!)

Postscript 2:22 PM, 7/12/09: Read about my recent travels by visiting these links: Blue Ridge Parkway, Shenandoah Valley Campground, and In the minority?!




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations for that awesome teardrop of yours and thanks for sharing your experience in you Going camping with my Teardrop Trailer! keep posting!

    ReplyDelete