~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, June 15, 2009

Nostalgia Popcorn Popper

Despite a 37 cents per gallon increase in gasoline price this last month, I took a long drive Sunday afternoon. Most of the 128 mile trip was over rural routes in areas that I have not traveled. Beautiful scenery!!

In Spartanburg, South Carolina, I saw one of my favorite stores: Tuesday Morning. Actually, I passed it and had to turn around.... In earlier "blogs" I have talked about reducing my over-abundance of "stuff." Items are supposed to be going out my door!! You guessed it: I carried a purchase home. It is a hot air popcorn maker--and the perfect compliment for camping events with a group of people owning Teardrop trailers.

Actually, air popped corn has been my usual contribution (over the years, at RV events) because I like to provide a snack I can eat (no chips or candy from me). My faithful old West Bend lacks the appeal of this cute model.



This classic Pop-O-Matic Juke Box Popcorn Maker com-bines the nostalgic look of a 1950's diner jukebox with the functionality of a high-tech popcorn maker. Makes movie theater style popcorn using healthy hot air. Looks incredibly cool on the kitchen counter top or in the entertainment room. Either way the eye catching retro design suggests, "Let's make popcorn." Remember popcorn can be a great low fat snack alternative. No oil, no mess and easy to clean. Takes up very little counter space. Measures approx. 12" x 13" x 6''


~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript 2:22 PM: It started raining a few minutes ago. Earlier... I documented the items that I am donating to the Senior Center. I emptied the Flea Market "stuff" out of the KIA and loaded the two boxes and several grocery bags destined for door prizes. Next: Documentation (in Turbo Tax It's Deductible) of the many things I plan to donate to a local Thrift Shop. I'm so thrilled that I'm making progress "down sizing." Maybe I will divest myself of merchandise and cease to be a vendor at local Flea Markets?!?!
Postscript 5:55 PM: This afternoon, I delivered the donation to the Senior Center.




No comments:

Post a Comment