~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, October 5, 2009

Atlanta Bread Company--Pigeon Forge, TN

Using a unique route home would have been preferable BUT there is comfort in retracing my steps. I KNEW I could get WiFi at Atlanta Bread Company in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. AND, I wanted to give this area one last chance: I was not impressed a year ago!! So I plan to visit Dollywood, and Gaitinburg--and never return to this tourist "trap" again. I want to drive back through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park because raining nineteen days ago. ~~ I failed to time myself from Interstate 40 to this parking lot. It seemed like an hour because highway construction all the way and bumper-to-bumper traffic. We had to stop for every signal!!

I left Berea, Kentucky, at 8:25 this morning, after breakfast in Cracker Barrel. On my way to this location, I stopped at Kentucky Music Hall of Fame in Renfro Valley (but it is closed on Monday and Tuesday). I made a five miles detour in Corbin, KY, to see the "cafe" where Colonel Sanders started his famous Kentucky Fried Chicken. I also visited the Museum of Appalachia, in Norris, TN, but limited my viewing to the gift shop and whatever buildings I could see from the parking lot. I didn't want to pay the high price of admission. ~~ Only 175 miles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment