~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Highway to Heaven

Shelby, North Carolina, here I come!! Lord willing I will arrive at my apartment later today. I plan to take an indirect route--rather than the Interstate. I'll take the Blue Ridge Parkway from Asheville to Linville Falls and then south to Shelby. On my earlier trip, I missed part of the route due to construction. Before day's end I should be able to say I've driven the entire Blue Ridge Parkway. In fact, except for that portion, I've driven it both directions. In the future, I can concentrate on traveling to new scenic locations.

The nice folks at Panera Bread allowed me to stay overnight in their parking lot. It rained during the night and is dark and gloomy right now (8 o'clock). In fact (I just peeked outside), it is raining quite hard. I'll take the Blue Ridge Parkway but may not get any pictures. Below: Another picture (yesterday) "above the clouds."

No comments:

Post a Comment