~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Bold & The Beautiful

Everyone comments about the "adorable," "cute" (ie: beautiful) teardrop trailer. Well, trailer's owner (Lorraine) made a bold move last night. I did not want to fight the stream of traffic to Cracker Barrel, or WalMart, so I found a pull-through in the parking lot of a major hotel (perhaps one-eighth mile from Atlanta Bread Company). Property line shrubs on one side, two vehicles on the other side. I crawled in to my sleeping bag at 8:26 PM and only awakened when two large tour buses arrived (11:55). I awakened again at 6:13, refreshed and eager for the events of the day. I was disappointed to find the nearby Atlanta Bread Company still closed at 6:30. So I boldly took advantage of the Ladies Room in the adjacent Shell station. ~~ This town (Pigeon Forge) reminds me of Las Vegas--it never sleeps! Flashing neon lights beckon the traveler to "come on in." Exception: Atlanta Bread Company doesn't open until 8!! ~~ When comfortably seated--with bagel and coffee--it took an hour to get connected to the Internet. (Who knows? Computers have a mind of their own!?) I've learned to be patient!! After all: "Life moves a little slower on Teardrop time."

No comments:

Post a Comment