~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Time for brutal honesty!! (continued)

The following is an e-mail message to Dave Reynolds (owner of the facility that builds Little Guy Teardrop trailers) in mid-September 2009 (after a couple of phone conversations):

Dave,

Did you visit my blog? True, it isn't specifically devoted to Little Guy!! But every time I travel I document the details of the teardrop travel. Everywhere I go the trailer and I attract attention. People want to see the trailer. Honestly, I'm delighted to show it off!! In Front Royal, VA, two ladies approached me apologizing for the interruption. "May we see the trailer?" After I briefly explained the history of Teardrops, and showed the interior, one asked: "Do you travel alone?" I confirmed that I travel alone. "Aren't you afraid?" I assured her that--because of my faith--I have perfect peace during my travels. I linger in conversation as long as the inquirer wants to talk. Before I leave, I give them one of my business cards. (I've given away nearly 200 cards!!)

Because of my enthusiasm when I talk to people, and the positive nature of my travel blog, I may have indirectly influenced the sale of several Little Guys. I know of one specifically: "Charlie" of Columbia, South Carolina. I visited with him in camp at Lake Powhatan near Asheville (just off the Blue Ridge Parkway).

I found it amusing--at Tom Johnson Camping Center, Marion, North Carolina--when my least-expensive... attracted so much attention. Expensive Class A motorhomes, 5th wheels, travel trailers with slideouts... and mine was the topic of conversation. When I was in the lobby (using free WiFi) people would ask (but they knew the answer) "Do you own that cute little trailer?"

On my blog is a "StatCounter" that records the visitors. I regularly have viewers from a Google search for "teardrop trailer."

The first of August, the Teardrop Tribune (published by Little Guy) had a brief comment about me and listed my blog. I immediately began to receive numerous hits. Two separate guests spent over thirty (30) hours reading each travel blog. Many spent hours but not to the extreme.

For my own knowledge, I search the Internet for information. It made sense to me that I should join WebRing and post it at the top of my blog. "Teardroppers" can jump right into that aspect of my blog without reading about my other passion: Health and Nutrition. I've made it easy for the novice to quickly find everything about Teardrops. They can click a link and see an
endless variety of models.

I'm sure you're familiar with the goldmine of information but I had to find it one nugget at a time. Hopefully I've made it easy for a "newbie" to appreciate this lifestyle that moves at a slower pace.

It's easy for me to carry on a conversation. I'm well traveled, and I've owned many RVs. Florida is perhaps the only state I haven't visited!! I lived--and camped--in Europe. I'm articulate--and not bad looking for an old lady (LOL). Perhaps you will agree that I have been a valuable spokesperson for Little Guy?

Having said all that, I have a request. Build me a Little Guy that won't leak, rust, corrode, or hinges splinter out of wood. Make it a shining example of the craftsmanship that goes into construction of a Little Guy. Make it so beautiful that people will want to own a Little Guy!!

I'm quick to point out to inquirers that my trailer is "one step above tent camping." I admit that my style is "primitive."

~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Reader,

Instead of a shining example of the craftsmanship, my trailer was returned with wood and metal shavings inside. Water spots on the exterior because it had been put through a chamber to check for leaks.

Charlie (my acquaintance in South Carolina) has already had problems with his Little Guy (less than three months). He's getting the "brush off" from Little Guy.

Mary, in Oklahoma, has been insisting that she will purchase a Little Guy
- BECAUSE - OF - THE - POSITIVE - PICTURE - THAT - I - HAVE - PORTRAYED - OF - MY - TRAVELS. - Honestly, I'm heartsick because - AT - LEAST - TWO - PEOPLE - were willing to invest in a Little Guy on my recommendation.

I haven't wanted to write this "blog"; I haven't wanted to sound critical or negative. However, I feel I have an obligation to my readers to caution them that they might be buying a teardrop trailer that will develop problems after the warranty expires. I did... but by God's Grace the company extended "after warranty" repairs. Don't misunderstand: I'm grateful for the repairs. I'm grieved by Charlie's problems!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you read the first Time for brutal honesty ??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment