~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Divine Appointment

Yesterday afternoon, about five, leaving Atlanta Bread Company a young lady approached me. I had just deposited the laptop computer on the back seat of the KIA and was preparing to drive to Dollywood. "That's the cutest trailer!! Do you travel alone?" I assured her that I do. "I wish I could get my mother to travel; I can see her in a little trailer like this." We talked for an hour, and I showed her the inside. We both recognized that this was a Divine appointment from our Heavenly Father. I could have departed ten minutes earlier--or ten minutes later--and we would have missed one another!! I gave her my card with the "blog" address and encouraged her--and her mother--to read about my travels. Perhaps my solo senior travels will prompt another solo senior to do likewise!?

When I arrived at
Dollywood, they had just closed!! Furthermore, they are closed today: Tuesday. At this hour, I am uncertain about the day's schedule.

My new young lady-friend shared this information: Traffic is light compared with previous years. Tourist business is slow. It used to take four hours to reach Pigeon Forge from Interstate 40. That is just beyond imagination!!

No comments:

Post a Comment