~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pigeon Forge to Asheville

It has been an extremely long day!! Twelve hours ago I was waiting for Atlanta Bread Company (in Pigeon Forge, TN) to open so I could use WiFi. It is 7:00 PM and I am in Panera Bread in Asheville, North Carolina, using WiFi. I've only traveled 152 miles today--and most of those miles were at speeds less than 40 mph. I was very frustrated by all the traffic in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. At 1:30 I suddenly decided it was time to put distance between me and the tourist attractions.

It was beautiful driving through The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I experienced bumper to bumper traffic like three weeks ago.

However, the Blue Ridge Parkway seems less traveled but is more spectacular (IMHO). I experienced the 2,222nd mile of my trip at approximately mile post 458 of the Blue Ridge Parkway--at 3:40 PM. The road sign picture was taken at the percise location.

I love the Blue Ridge Parkway!! I feel so close to Heaven here. Here I am above the clouds!! The clouds--and autumn colors--were beautiful!!

I have not decided where I will sleep tonight. There isn't a WalMart or Cracker Barrel in this part of Asheville.


No comments:

Post a Comment