~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Unprepared !!

When I hastily loaded a minimum of things--two weeks ago--I failed to pack the right clothing!! I brought one pair of jeans, one pair of "peddle pushers," and two pair of shorts. Lots of T-shirts, one sweater and one coat. Plenty for a one week trip!?!? Also, two dresses for Church with my Old German Baptist Brethren cousins--and dressy shoes. But the weather has turned cold and windy, with rain. I wear the jeans and sweater every day!! Cousin Doris included my things with some of her laundry so I periodically have clean jeans (and underwear, ha). ~~ There is a special event this afternoon and I should wear a dress. Old German Baptist Brethren ladies always wear dresses and I like to do likewise while with them. I wish I had "long johns" to wear under my ankle-length dress!! ~~ It was 42 degrees outdoors when I crawled out of bed at 8 AM this morning. Frankly, I'm glad I'm staying in a well-insulated house because I would have slept inside a sleeping bag, inside a sleeping bag--in Little Guy. (Yes, I brought two sleeping bags.) I'm staying on in Wakarusa for a few more days for a weekend event.

Incidentally, just a hint of autumn color but I had to watch carefully to find even one tree. (Can you see the color in this small [top] picture??)

~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript Fri., 10/02/09: This tree, in a neighbor's yard, just "turned."

No comments:

Post a Comment