~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels # 10

I departed Otter Creek Campground (milepost 60.9), on the Blue Ridge Parkway, at 9:00 AM, Thursday, July 16th; 68 degrees. I stopped about 5:30 PM Wednesday night because I was in a lot of pain. I immediately went to bed!! The Camp Host was very concerned about me, and looked in on me several times. She (Pat) brought me extremely cold Lipton Green Tea. After a reasonably good night's sleep, I was much better, no pain, some tenderness.

12 noon (milepost 144), I stopped to stretch, and eat some blueberries and an apple. Elevation 2687. At 12:47 (milepost 170), at Rocky Knob, the odometer recorded 1000 trip miles. ~~ I began to see Rhododendrons (again) about milepost 172/173. I saw them on the trip North but their location may be dependent on elevation?? There were only a few, and I believe (at their prime) they are pink. ~~ To celebrate the 1000 miles--and the fact that I was feeling much better--I stopped for lunch at the restaurant at Mabry Mill. (86 degrees.) I had a delicious Blackbean patty with large slice of onion, large slice of tomato, and lettuce on a white (yuk) bun. I can't remember the last time I had a "burger-type" sandwich in my hand!! Also had delicious potato wedges, and water. All that for $6.41 in a rural location on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Then I visited the Mill and walked around the area. ~~ Oops, I ate too much!! ~~ I revisited the Blue Ridge Music Center (milepost 213) from 3:50-4:40. ~~ At approximately milepost 227, I saw a Beagle dog along the parkway. Private property comes right up to the highway, in many areas. I photographed a bale of hay that is as large as my little Teardrop trailer!!

Numerous pictures taken throughout the day. Charming Mabry Mill--and I'm hiding under a hat because a "bad hair day." Music Center (Ricky Skaggs is performing in August), and Virginia-North Carolina state line.




~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically--to see the next blog--click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels # 11.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment