~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels #9

From Loft Mountain camp site at 7:45 AM, Wednesday, July 15th, en route to Harrisonburg, Virginia. My destination: CrossRoads Heritage Center. I arrived at 9:15 and enjoyed the spectacular view while drinking a cup of green tea. They don't open until 10:00 and only Wednesday through Saturday. I was particularly interested in the project because I have Mennonite and Brethren ancestry--and some of my forefathers lived in the Shenandoah Valley.

I did not return to the Skyline Drive. Instead I took Interstate 81 to Staunton, and Interstate 64 to the Northern entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I entered the Parkway at 3:00 PM. Quite honestly, I was not feeling good (and cut my visit short at CrossRoads). Twenty miles on the Blue Ridge and I stopped to rest in the trailer. Sixty-two miles on the Blue Ridge and I stopped for the night at Otter Creek Campground. It was 5:30 PM and I had only driven 153 miles. I think "pain" was written all over my face because the Camp Host was very concerned about me, and she looked in on me several times (because I went right to bed).

~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically--to see the next blog--click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels #10.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment