~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, July 26, 2009

When Others Fail Us


The TV message, "When Others Fail Us," by Dr. Charles Stanley (First Baptist Church, Atlanta, GA) was very encouraging for me. He addressed the pain we experience when we have been dropped from the lives of family and friends. "Being a discard" [my words] is the reason I experience deep depression.

I've often said "I need to be needed; I want to be wanted." I had so many valuable talents to give to Hallelujah Acres--but was unceremoniously relieved of my many responsibilities (along with eight others that day). Likewise I had computer skills and a head full of knowledge about genealogy and Brethren families. My "volunteer" services were rejected by the Brethren Heritage Center. (Just two examples in very recent years.) I almost never hear from my children!! I send greeting cards, gifts, and e-mail, but it's a one-way street. Where did I go wrong?? It has been my desire to live "A Purpose Driven Life" -- not a life without purpose!!

It's a sad set of circumstances when we come to the sunset years of our life and we haven't a friend, or family, to call on in case of emergency. I'm not alone, I hear the same story from many Seniors. Our Country is disintegrating!! (I'll not comment on the bailouts of banks, auto industry, etc., but was saddened to see a sign in a furniture store: "Going out of business after 65 years." The once-thriving furniture industry is suffering; the textile industry is gone from North Carolina. Unemployment is high in the Carolinas.)


~~~~~~~~~~
I Have All in God

God of your goodness, give me yourself,
for you are sufficient for me...
If I were to ask anything less I should always be in want,
for in you alone do I have all.

- Julian of Norwich (Prayer copied from BeliefNet.)
~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment