~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Blue Ox & more


Before I left Shelby, I had the bright idea to load the Blue Ox Bike Rack into the back of the KIA. "Perhaps an RVer will want it" was my rationale. (I had been trying to sell it at the Flea Markets but not a single person had expressed interest.) I had a large sign that advertised the many features of this "top of the line" bike rack. On Tuesday I positioned the sign near the men's restroom--and it got thoroughly soaked!! ~~ This morning (7:30 ??) it occurred to me that I should add my phone number to the sign (it had my space number). "Dummy, you are seldom at your site; how can anyone buy...??" I added my phone number--and had a phone call about 9:30. "Do you still have the bike rack?" "Yes." "Where are you?" "At the lobby." Moments later a gentleman rode up on his bike; I was standing by my KIA watching for him. By 10:15 the Blue Ox was tentatively attached to his trailer hitch and I had extra cash in my pocket. We are both praising God for His faithfulness by providing for our needs!!

The transaction dovetailed with the arrival of my new friend--Linda (who lives in Marion). She had invited me to pick blueberries, and go to the Soup Kitchen where she and her husband volunteer. It was delightful to have somewhere to go, and someone to share with. (I was still unable to access the Internet for WiFi.) I sense that Linda and I were cut out of the same cloth; our likes and thoughts are almost carbon copies. Linda didn't want me to add her to my blog but I feel compelled to sing her praises: She is a modern day "Good Samaritan." I marvel at the number of people she is taking to the doctor, or dentist, or therapist. She visits the convalescent home and gives the residents small bags of freshly picked, thoroughly washed blueberries. ~~ I'm already programmed into Linda's Blackberry (phone) for activities tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically--to see the next blog--click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Gospel Singing #3.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment