~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, July 10, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels #2

Thursday evening, July 9th, I exited the Parkway at US route 501 en route to Buena Vista, Virginia. I intended to find a Walmart but saw numerous signs advertising Glen Maury Park Camping. No ranger, or attendant, at the entrance. I found space #45 easy to pull in to and it was very close to the restroom. (Closer than when I park at Walmart!!) It was 7:30, I was very tired; I had driven 222 miles. I was 433 miles from Shelby. The camping is very rustic. I did not cover my windows because I wanted to look at the wooded area. Here is the view from my "picture windows."



By comparison, most nights I have a shade in front of each door. No, I don't sleep with the door open!! This is an illustration.

Before I departed at 9:50 Friday morning, a friendly camper offered me coffee. I declined because I had my green tea.

~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically--to see the next blog--click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travel #3.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment