~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Down sizing!!

Subconsciously, I must have answered my question from yesterday. This afternoon, without any hesitation, I started packing new items into several boxes--destined for our local Senior Center. They recently made an appeal for "door prizes" and office supplies. I think they will be delighted with my donation!!

By nature, I am a "gift giver" and I often buy attractive items (usually on sale) for birthdays, anniversaries, and Christmas. Scented candles, in decorator tins or lovely holders, can't go wrong (in my humble opinion)!! I won't elaborate--but the items fill two boxes and a large plastic bag!! Some of the things date back to my life in Southern California. I bought a lot of things for door prizes for an RV rally (a rally that was aborted): Patriotic pewter magnets (RVers like things that don't take a lot of space); beautiful souvenir key chains; journals....

I've documented the donation in Turbo Tax "It's Deductible" so the info will be available for next year's Income Taxes. (Not that my donations make much difference--if any--in the refund.)

I've had a "home office" for decades for my several businesses. Perhaps some of the envelopes, markers, pens, etc., etc., can be used at the local Senior Center?!?! I know that--in my lifetime--I'll never use all of these things!! (Perhaps the Senior Center in Lancaster California could have used them but I, foolishly, hauled everything I owned from West coast to East coast.)

Two well-traveled, somewhat shabby, empty cardboard boxes are destined for the trash receptacle. I accomplished a little "down sizing"!!

I have two computers, two printers, scanner, and Palm Pilot set aside to donate to an organization I found on-line. Have you heard of
Computers with Causes??



No comments:

Post a Comment