~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, May 25, 2009

One Track Mind

It was a rainy day (yesterday) that prevented the running of 50th Anniversary Coca Cola 600. Likewise torrential rain today so the postponed NASCAR race was a big disappointment for fans. Personally, I have no interest in that sport but it's a BIG event for Charlotte.

I spent the day removing boxes from neat stacks, exploring the contents, extracting items. I rearranged... and can see that down sizing is conspicuous!! If nothing else is accomplished, I am quickly getting all similar items in the same box or the same location. I ended up with duplicates because, on two occasions, the bulk of my belongings were in storage. So I bought another ream of paper, another box of envelopes, additional felt markers, more pens, etc.

There's no way to measure the amount of exercise (today) but I "know" it was significant!! I have "a one tracked mind," and the weatherman says tropical storms all week, so my task is ordained!! Boring, huh??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12 noon Tues., May 26, 2009: Ditto yesterday!!

I've lifted, and rearranged more than a dozen heavy boxes. So far, only one empty box for the trash receptacle. I'm not finished for the day; I'm just taking a break!! (Checked my e-mail.) I'm destined to keep about one hundred boxes until I die--and then my sons can decide what to do with them.

For many years I was very involved with genealogy. I collected a massive amount of information about my ancestors. I published two books. If I understood correctly the rules regarding copyright, I need to keep all the documentation. Imagine, if you will, several large sturdy apple boxes full of original pages for Frantz Families--Kith & Kin (FF-KK), and LaVerne Evergreen Cemetery Tombstone Inscriptions. Extremely heavy boxes!!!!

The bulk of my genealogy library was donated to Brethren Heritage Center in Brookville, Ohio (in 2004). I tried to give them the copyright to FF-KK. So I have boxes of data regarding my non-Brethren ancestors: Alderfer, Coffin, Frye, Hume, Smith, Traxler, Showalter, and others. I'd love to pick up the hobby again; I loved it!!

Furthermore, I still have a lot of items related to traveling with a recreation vehicle (RV). I plan to put some of those items out at a Flea Market (at a later date) but am attempting to sell larger items (EcoQuest air purifiers) first. As it is, my KIA and Teardrop trailer are packed with items for sale. I can't squeeze anything else into my vehicles!!

As I explore boxes, arrange and rearrange... I'm creating an area with items for sale--or to donate to a Thrift Shop. I think I'm making progress with my project!!

We had extremely hard rain off-and-on all morning. It looks like we might have sunshine soon!? I want to unhook the trailer... and I want to deliver my donation to the Senior Center. Oh, the wonderful feeling that accompanies my down sizing!! (Fatigue too!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment