~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, May 23, 2009

On the Horns of a Dilemma

Idiom Definitions for 'Horns of a dilemma'

-----------------------------------------------------

If you are on the horns of a dilemma, you are faced with two equally unpleasant options and have to choose one. View examples in Google: Horns of a dilemma

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend, and last weekend, I "set up" four (4) Flea Market booths. I was up early each morning (with perhaps little sleep) and actively involved with the project until early afternoon. I arrived home exhausted!! Rain--on May 15th & 16th--limited the number of customers.

A beautiful day--May 22nd--but I am suffering from a sun burn!! Today--(23rd)--lots of customers, no rain, beautiful day!! But I'm home and I don't have a teaspoon full of energy; I'm exhausted beyond exhausted!!

What do I do?? As I exercise this old body after months of inactivity (and acute ozone poisoning) will the project eventually cause less fatigue?? (That's my hope and prayer!!)

Or, should I abandon the labor of unpacking, and displaying, items I wish to "down size"?? Set up tables, arrange display.... Later, pack things up, fold down tables....

The sales are few because people are hard-pressed for money and looking for bargains. (They're buying discounted food items from an adjacent booth.) They don't want to pay $400. for a $769. Fresh Air EcoQuest air purifier!! They don't want to pay $175. for a $300. Blue Ox "top of the line" bike rack (that is extremely heavy and wears me out lifting it!!). Honestly, people don't even want to pay $1. for nice "stuff." I have a large box full of items that are free with a purchase!! (Everybody likes "free," don't they??) Furthermore, I have several signs indicating "my prices are negotiable."

So, what do I do?? Do I look at the physical exercise as very worthwhile health wise--with a monetary reward?? Or, physically unload all the merchandise (from my KIA and Teardrop trailer) at the local Habitat for Humanity ReStore and have a receipt for next year's Income Taxes?? UNLOAD the problem?? or continue status qua??


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer of Hope [from Prayer of the Day, from BeliefNet]

O Lord, in Whom is our hope, remove far from us, we pray Thee, empty hopes and presumptuous confidence. Make our hearts so right with Thy most holy and loving heart, that hoping in Thee we may do good; until that day when faith and hope shall be abolished by sight and possession, and love shall be all in all.

- Christina G. Rossetti (1830-1895)





No comments:

Post a Comment