~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman

I took "Walking Down Memory Lane" to another level today. Shopping at Sam's Club, I found a four CD package of Elvis singing gospel. I was never a fan of Elvis' secular music but these recordings are very inspirational. (I love to have gospel music, or hymns, playing while I work on "projects.")

Furthermore, miraculously (!) the entire six seasons series of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman on DVDs (total of 42). It was the last one and reduced from $125. to $87. I couldn't believe my eyes!! An extravagant purchase!! I justify my action to thrift in other areas: TracFone cell phone (so no monthly fee); WiFi (so, likewise, no monthly fee) and TV reception via "rabbit ears" (no cable or satel-lite). My spending spree with money from the President's stimulus package. (So much for "downsizing," huh?!) Speaking of "thrift": I listen to CDs on a ten year old portable combination radio, tape and CD player.

My Sam's purchases included: Organic baby spring (salad) mix, tomatoes on the vine, celery hearts..., plus top quality all natural, cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil and top quality apple cider vinegar. Yes, oil and vinegar exclusively on my salads!! (Processed salad dressing should be avoided, in my humble opinion. Most contain high fructose corn syrup--and ingredients you can't pronounce.) ~~ Because I feel so blessed (!) I also bought Kraft Mac & Cheese, Starkist tuna, and Progresso soup to donate to the Senior Center.





No comments:

Post a Comment