~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Joy of Giving

It has been a very good day!! First, read the postscript on Monday, May 25th blog. Since noon, 1) I've unhitched the trailer, 2) showered and dressed, 3) loaded two boxes and a large bag into the KIA; and 4) delivered the door prize items (#3) to the local Senior Center. Yes, they were delighted!! At Office Max: 5) I researched the prices of the stationary items I'll donate to the Senior Center. At the market: 6) I purchased canned goods for the Senior Center's Food Pantry (because so many people requesting groceries). Fruit and veggies for myself: grapefruit, bananas, Fuji apples, avocado, bell peppers, and cucumber. (I already had organic mixed baby salad greens, and carrots, at home.) I'm enjoying a large delicious salad as I write this blog!!

Sunshine all afternoon but on the local TV evening news, they are telling about the "heavy and relentless" rain today, and dangerous "flooding." "One to two inches [rain] per hour." According to the weatherman, I will be experiencing more hard rain within the hour--and the tropical pattern will continue through the rest of the week.

I'm grateful that I delivered my donation, and bought additional food for myself. Also, especially noteworthy: Three empty cardboard boxes went into the trash bins here at the apartment complex!!

Copied from
Care2makeadifference.
"Giving thanks can make all the difference in the world.
Gratitude raises your energy in a positive way and brings
abundance into your life and the lives of others."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Postscript, 1:30 PM, Wednesday, May 27, 2009: Overcast, but no rain this morning. I went into town for more groceries (for the Food Pantry), and delivered lots of food, and office supplies, to the Senior Center. I barely got back home before it started raining (for fifth day in a row).





No comments:

Post a Comment