~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Greetings from Asheville, NC

This missile comes to you from Asheville, North Carolina--from my favorite WiFi location: P-A-N-E-R-A-!! I love their whole grain bagel, and hazelnut coffee!! ~~ I have been without WiFi for two days and a lot has happened; I can't published all the details at this time. When I return to Shelby, I'll document the information and upload the pictures (forgot the cable--again--so unable to post them now).

For those of you following my travels on the
Blue Ridge Parkway... I'm delighted to tell you that I finished the last lap on Sunday. Now I've been from Front Royal, VA, (Skyline Drive) at the North end to Cherokee, NC, at the South end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I highly recommend the trip if you don't mind driving 25 miles per hour. I could have continued into the Great Smoky Mountains National Park but will save that for another trip.

When I checked my e-mail messages, I learned I am featured in
Teardrop Tribune--and told I'll probably have a lot of visitors to my "blog." W-E-L-C-O-M-E-!! I hope you enjoy my travels. Send me an e-mail and/or add a comment to my blog.

Last week I was in Marion, NC, for a Southern Gospel Singing. The weather was not very pleasant. The weatherman says this week will be beautiful so I decided this is my week to visit the sites in Asheville, NC. I plan to spend two days touring the
Biltmore Estate. I want to visit the Quilt Show at the Arboretum. I'm camped (within hiking distance of the Arboretum) at Lake Powhatan.

It's a perfect morning and I don't want to spend it indoors. FYI: It was 61 degrees at 7:00 this morning, inside Little Guy. It was 57 degrees at 8:00 when I left camp. Before I close, I have to tell you a couple of facts: 1) Lake Powhatan charges $10.00 per day for those of us with Golden Age Pass. Elsewhere here in Asheville, I pulled into an RV Park and they want $38.00 for full hookup--and no exceptions. I protested that I don't use utilities, I just want to be near a restroom. "No exceptions!!" 2) Lake Powhatan has very nice restrooms, with shower, for (as I said) $10.00.

~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically--to see the next blog--click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Biltmore Estate.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment