~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels #13


There's an old saying re: "Learning something new every day." (I like that better than "Can't teach an old dog new tricks.") My new learning experience had to do with my KIA Sportage. I've had it for one-and-one-half years and never experimented with the standard transmission feature. Well, on the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive we climb mountains and descend to the valleys. The route has endless curves!! I don't like to ride my brakes!! Repeat: I don't like to ride my brakes!! How wonderful to be able to shift out of automatic and drive in first, or second, gear. I loved it!! I practically had the Parkway, and Skyline Drive, all to myself so I could "shift down" and ascend or descend at a slow speed. When the occasional vehicle came up behind me, I always pulled off at the next overlook so the driver could pass. Question: Do I burn more gas driving in first and second?? Maybe a guy can let me know in the comments section.

~~~~~~~~~~
To see the next blog--click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Sequel.
~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Anytime one used their engine to break it uses more gas than to coast, using loweer greas also uses more gas, but at the econoy you are experiencing, who cares!

    ReplyDelete