~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, July 20, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Repair

The only time I sat down today was in the car going into town. I needed a couple of "mollies" to make a repair on the Teardrop trailer. I explored the sizes, and variety, at our hometown Shelby Hardware and was sure I had the right item. Too big... so back into town to exchange. Still too big... so I planned to drill the hole a little larger!! The battery was almost dead on my cordless drill--so it is charging. I'll finish the project tomorrow (although I hate to "put off 'til tomorrow what I can do today"). Today was just right--weather wise--to work on Little Guy: Temperature in the eighties and no humidity. What am I repairing? you ask: The tail light bracket on the "passenger side" of the trailer (and tomorrow I'll reinforce the tail light bracket on the "driver side" because "a stitch in time saves nine"). Behind the aluminum siding is "mush"!! Whatever material was used (pressboard?) has disintegrated and a screw has nothing to connect with. ~~ That's the same side where the hatchback pneumatic bracket splintered out of the wood--and I had to repair. ~~ Another hour was spent visiting two other stores to find a license plate holder bracket because "odd shape, odd size." I plan to attach one when I reassemble the tail light bracket. I'll display the Sign of the Fish. Want to know what prompted today's project?? Several of the guys at the recent Teardrop Rally pointed out the "wobbly tail light."

This morning I did three small/medium loads of laundry. I'm getting things ready for another trip. I had planned to visit the coast of North Carolina (or Myrtle Beach, South Carolina). In the Post Office today, to pick up my mail, I got into conversation with a gentleman also picking up his mail. He had just returned from "the beach" and advised me to postpone my trip until late September or early October. "Too many people, too much traffic."


If I could rewind the clock, there's one incident I would eliminate from today's calendar: I experienced a cut on my arm. The "L" bracket is sharp as a razor blade!! I found that my Band-aids are so old they have lost their adhesive!! (You can speculate about how old they are when they are in a metal container and imprinted across the front "70 assorted bandages only 89 cents.")

~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically--to see the next blog--click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels # 12.
~~~~~~~~~~

Postscript 4:00 PM, Tuesday, 7/21/09: The weather warmed up, and I was up-to-the-minute with details of my recent trip, so I thought I'd complete the repair project. The second purchase of an item to secure the bracket would not work either!! There is only about a sixteenth of an inch of material at that point--just the exterior "skin." I cut a wire hanger and poked it through--and there isn't anything behind!! The trailer frame prevents me from trying to glue a small block of wood behind.... What's a gal to do?? (I'll ruminate on it for a while and come up with an idea.)

No comments:

Post a Comment