~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels #5

Thanks for Provision
"Almighty and gracious Father, we give you thanks for the fruits of the earth in their season and for the labors of those who harvest them. Make us, we beseech thee, faithful stewards of thy great bounty, for the provision of our necessities and the relief of all who are in need, to the glory of thy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen."

~~~~~~~~~~

While I was attending a worship service here at Shenandoah Valley Campground, most of the "Tear-jerkers" packed their tents, loaded their towing vehicle and departed!! When they advertised this Rally for July 10-12 I made my reservation accordingly: I've paid for tonight (Sunday) as well as Friday and Saturday night. I'm told this is customary; campers leave early.

The large units are going... or gone!! It won't be long until I have the Park to myself!! I'll walk to the falls (I'm camped by a river). I'll spend time in the hot tub (but pass on swimming in the unheated pool). I'll read, and relax.

I wrote a "blog" recently about being a square peg in a round hole world. There might have been 500 people here at Shenandoah Valley Campground the last couple of days. Perhaps a dozen attended the informal worship service. There's a lot of truth to the saying about "marching to different drummer" (*). It's lonely (I admit) but there are days when God gives me a hug and declares how much He loves me!!

After the Farmer's Market, yesterday, I walked around a couple of blocks because that area of Staunton is old--and charming. On an otherwise deserted street a gentleman said "hello" and we began a conversation that lasted well over an hour. When he read the Christian message on my T-shirt he shared how he has a witness and testimony there, on the street, directly below his apartment. I was so blessed by the time of fellowship!! I knew that God had ordained this perfectly-timed meeting so two of His children could share, and He (the Father) could bless us. Praise the Lord!!

~~~~~~~~~
* Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862) "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically--to see the next blog--click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels #6.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment