~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Sequel

A busy day--spending money!! I rarely leave my apartment--if I'm not traveling. Occasionally to Sam's Club for a few things (including organic salad greens)--and gasoline. From Sam's Club, Walmart, and Shelby Hardware, I have additional items to load into Little Guy. Food for the next trip; hardware to repair the tail light. ~~ I thought I found an ideal item for trailer travels: An electric "throw." It is much smaller than a twin electric blanket so perfect for one person (me) in Little Guy. I've plugged it in and it does not get warm!! ~~ As I've indicated before, I seldom stay in a RV resort; I rarely park any place with electricity. However there might be such an occasion (Rally) and I would be prepared if we have a cold night. (There was an occasion over a year ago, at my first Tearjerker's Rally, when I didn't have adequate heat. [Electricity--but no heater.] I was an icicle when I drove away from the Resort, at daylight.) Now I travel with two sleeping bags, three blankets, a heater... and I'll NEVER experience that misery again!!

We've just had a downpour of rain and everything is soaked!! I won't work on the
repair project this evening. I'm frustrated that it's taking so-o-o long!!

I visited my favorite thrift shop (Value Village) and purchased three pair of shorts and a swim suit. I didn't have enough shorts for the previous trip--and wore jeans. I had to struggle to get into the swim suit I wore to enjoy the hot tub at Shenandoah Valley Campground. (How embarrassing! I've gained weight!!) Now I have a nice [brand new] large "Granny" swimsuit that may actually be too large!!

En route home, I stopped at my local KIA dealership to tell my salesman how much I appreciated the standard transmission feature during my trip along the
Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. Charles is such a treasure!! He sends me a birthday card and Christmas card; he phones occasionally to see how I am.

~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 7:47 PM: Mission accomplished (almost)!! Such a cool, lovely evening!! I felt compelled to work on "the project." Just as I started to tighten the wing nuts on the bolts of the finished product, it started to rain. The tail light bracket seems very snug; I hope and pray that the "anchor" behind one hole, and very long wood screw for the other hole, hold indefinitely!!
~~~~~~~~~~

To view the next blog--click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer--& mundane info.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment