~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Is the "recession" over?

The traffic on I-85 was heavy. I was en route from Shelby to Concord, NC. There was a near "pile up" (around me) but I never saw an accident that might have prompted four lanes of traffic to come to a standstill. At the exit for Concord Mills Mall, cars were backed up from the signal to the Interstate. It was at least six signals before I was able to make my turn. Likewise six or seven signals before I was able to enter the Mall parking lot. Is it possible that people chose to stay home on Labor Day Weekend, and venture out the following weekend?? I did!!

Outdoor World was incredibly crowded with customers--or browsers!! I think that store covers five acres--it is incredibly huge. Everything for archery, camping, fishing, hunting, marine (boating), and RVs. It's fun to "browse."

Is the "recession" over? If traffic..., and stores full of customers, is any indication, the economy has turned the corner and recovery is on the horizon. Yes, I made a purchase at Outdoor World--and next door at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I did not browse the enormous Mall but noted that the corridors were full of people. Honestly, I don't "need" anything so why should I browse and perhaps be tempted by something!? Furthermore, (in my humble opinion) things are "too expensive"!! I'll continue to browse the Thrift Shops and make moderately-priced purchases.

At Outdoor World, I bought some collapsible poles that I hope I can use to erect an awning (with a tarp) extending from my little Teardrop trailer. I do not have the strength to set-up and fold-down an EZ-Up tent. I'm trying to "piece together" satisfactory items.

No comments:

Post a Comment