~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Life in the slow lane!!

I've quoted it before: "Life moves a little slower on Teardrop time." Things move slower in northern Indiana, too--in my humble opinion. Horses and buggies; farmland as far as the eye can see, corn and soybeans have not been harvested; blue skies, puffy white clouds; meandering secondary roads; charming old homes. I love it!! While most people were in Church, I've been in Panera Bread for several hours. Except for the cold and snowy winters, I'm sure I would love to live in this community.




On Friday evening, two cousins and I visited the Elkhart County Fairgrounds for the Mennonite Relief Sale. We viewed the beautiful array of quilts that would be auctioned off the next day. We listened to the music and singing by the Mennonite Men's Chorus. Every imaginable food item was available and the crowds of people were enjoying everything from Apple fritters to Z.. (you name it). ~~ Later I learned that one quilt sold for $2,100. (on Saturday). Likewise similar high price on multiple other quilts.

Gratefully, a 4th, 5th, 6th (?) cousin has been very gracious about sharing her home with me. I may be able to pick up my Little Guy trailer Monday afternoon.

So much has happened; there is so much to share!! I hope to publish details at a later date. Today is "day eleven" of my trip and en route to Panera the 1200th mile. Conceiv-ably, I will have traveled over 2000 miles before I get back to Shelby, North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment