~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--How-I-do-it--#1

Have you seen the TV program called "HowieDoIt" with Howie Mandel? The name is cute and I thought I'd borrow the idea for "how-I-do-it"--aka howIdoit.

In the process of stripping Little Guy naked--for the trip to Elkhart, Indiana--I recognized it was the ideal time to take pictures. My rational: pictures to accompany answers to the questions I frequently hear.

Number one question: "What do you do when 'Mother Nature' calls in the middle of the night?" Answer: I have a portable toilet "for emergencies." Otherwise I hike to the restrooms.











I paid $40. for this used (like new) from a Thrift Shop. Similar models are over $100. from the camping accessories department of the RV center. The two sections can be separated and the lower... carried to a dump station, or my bathroom when I return home. Fresh water can be kept in the top section--to flush--but "I don't." I have a quart-size plastic container of water and add a limited amount.











I use a deodorizer from an RV accessories store. I'm BIG on saving the environment so I use "Supreme Green." I paid a little over $10. for the small "12 Toss-Ins" package. However the "toss-in" is designed for 40-gallon waste holding tanks!! I carefully cut the corner of one toss-in and empty the contents into two small plastic containers. So I only use half a package!! No more than I use "Little John," this might be an unnecessary item and needless expense. However, this is "howIdoit." My toilet tissue is stored in a decorative tin. I never put soiled tissue in the toilet, I put it in a small sturdy plastic container with a screw tight lid.











I don't want any spills (highly unlikely!!) so I have "Little John" sitting on a heavy chamois in a heavy cardboard box. (See the orange chamois?) The towel discreetly hides Little John from the many visitors who want to see my cute little trailer.











There is a variety of "porta potties"--and some are less than $30. from WalMart. I've heard that a 5-gallon paint pail meets the needs of some teardroppers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9/13/09 Postscript: I saw five on display at Outdoor World. One did not photo-graph well, here are the others. $14. for Luggable Loo --the seat & cover-- for a five gallon pail. Then $20., $30., $70. & $120.

















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another option is the TravelJohn. Approximately $30. for the folding stool and approximately $8. for package of three disposable bags.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Postscript 12/09/09: I just learned of ThePETTToilet System. Pricey (over $100.00)!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for sharing this Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels post! Keep traveling and keep posting!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--How-I-do-it--#1 post of yours! I hope everybody gets a chance to read this. keep posting!

    ReplyDelete