~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Trip to Elkhart


I'm really in a quandary! Do I take one last long trip before it gets too cold?? Do I stay home and work on "down-sizing" my overabundance of "stuff"?? I can expedite the repair on Little Guy if I take it to Elkhart, Indiana. MapQuest indicates it is approximately 700 miles and would take "11 hours 32 minutes." (I drive slower than the average so I speculate two full days. I don't drive at night.) MapQuest suggests approximately $80. in gas (one way). ~~ I can visit genealogy "cousins," in Indiana and Ohio, on the return trip. Undoubtedly I will see beautiful autumn colors. ~~ Staying home is the "safe and sane" answer. But I bought Little Guy so I could see the country!! My immediate angst is having to reload a portion of the gear (not all, just a bare minimum). The mattress is so heavy (and I am so weak). As I write this, after a sleepless night, I don't have an answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 10:30 AM Thurs. 9/17/09: It was difficult to decide... but I am leaving in a few minutes. This is the last thing I'm doing before packing the laptop into its case. I'll try to find WiFi along the route and publish an occasional blog. It has been raining, and is supposed to continue raining for several days. It cleared long enough for me to load a minimum of things into the Little Guy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment