~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--How-I-do-it--#3


I intentionally purchased the Little Guy "utility model." ~~ #1: Frequently I "do" Flea Markets and attempt to sell quality items I no longer need. ***I'm trying to "downsize"!!*** I can load an enormous amount of "stuff" into the trailer!! ~~ #2: I don't "need" a kitchen; I prefer to eat a big salad and fresh fruit and veggies. I have a one-burner Coleman propane stove so I can heat water for green tea, or a can of soup. I have an ice chest for perishibles.

The only time I stay in RV Parks is--prearranged--with a group. (
Southern Gospel Singing at Tom Johnson Camping Center, Marion, NC, and Old Dominion Tearjerkers, Shenandoah Valley Campgrounds, Verona, VA.) At that time I pay the same price as the larger campers that utilize electricity, water, and sewer. Honestly, when I'm en route to a specific destination, I usually spend the night in a WalMart parking lot. I'm an expert at "primitive" camping!! It doesn't annoy me when I don't have utilities at State Parks and National Forest campgrounds!! If I wanted all the luxuries "of home" I'd "stay home"!!

I travel with a long electric extension cord. I could tuck it under the corner of the "hatch" if I needed to use a fan, or heater. (I travel with both.) I haven't needed a fan because it has not been "too hot" in the trailer at night. There was one campout--with Southern Appalachian Chapter TearJerkers--where I wish I had the little heater. My very first trip with Little Guy was in the Spring of 2008. I had the mattress and a sleeping bag (and the electric cord) but no extra blankets, no heavy coat, no heater. The weather had been very pleasant in Shelby so I didn't prepare for the higher elevation--and colder temperature--of the mountains at
RiverCamp USA.

That's one reason I am writing this "howIdoit." One lady contacted me because she heard I traveled alone. This is her first experience with a trailer and the peculiarities of a "teardrop" trailer. (Example: Learning how to back one up!!)

Several months ago, at a store called
Tuesday Morning, I bought a Portable Warming Blanket by Chill Buster. On the box it says "The ultimate heated sport utility blanket." It has a battery that we charge (at home) before we leave for a sporting event, or camping. I may never use it but it will be nice to have if the night turns cold and I don't have electricity. However, frankly, I am traveling with far more blankets than I will ever need. Also, sweatshirts, stocking cap, gloves, scarves, etc., that go with me year around!!


No comments:

Post a Comment