~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, September 18, 2009

Tennessee, Kentucky & Ohio

Brutal honesty: I love the "back roads"; I hate the Interstates!! Here I am 23 hours later--at Panera in Dayton, Ohio (5:30 PM). Such a grueling day!! I actually spent the night in a Cracker Barrel parking lot (not WalMart) in Pigeon Forge, TN. I departed at 6:00 AM and was, essentially, traveling for ten and one-half hours. I covered 345 miles--and 33 mph is a very poor "average" for traveling the Interstates.

There were times of torrential rain followed by gray sky and sometimes a hint of sunshine. The Interstates, and weather, had a lot in common: A few miles were delightful, a few miles were stressful. There seems to be a lot of construction on Interstate 75 and sometimes we crept along at a snail's pace. The last ten miles into Dayton, Ohio, were the worst!! I was determined to get to this Panera but my body was screaming at me to pull off and get away from the construction and congestion. I didn't want to overheat the KIA so did not have the air conditioning on. (Beautiful weather in Ohio, probably 82 degrees.) I had the windows down. The fumes were so bad I was sneezing and had itchy, watery eyes. But, Praise the Lord!!, I'm here safe!!

I plan to spend the night in the WalMart parking lot less than a block away. Tomorrow I want to visit with some genealogy "cousins" and see the new features at the Brethren Heritage Center (in nearby Brookville, OH). Normally I would put links to names like Panera and Brethren Heritage Center. Not tonight!! ~~ I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining. Just being brutally honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment