~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Another perspective

I read this on the Yahoo Teardroptrailers group and thought I'd share with you. We don't know one another but Greg and I have kindred spirits. We own Little Guy Teardrop trailers, we like to write about our travels, and we love bagels.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi,

I have been reading the messages here [Yahoo teardrop trailers] for awhile, but I have not posted before. I have been setting up my teardrop trailer, but have only started using it this summer.

Although I am pretty new to teardrops, I wrote up a road trip that I took this summer and, if it is OK with the group, during September, I would like to post my trip report here in installments.

Along the way I will be adding photos to the photo album: North Dakota teardrop road trip.

I am interested in feedback and discussion with the group and I would like to read about teardrop trips taken by others.

Thanks for the chance to share my trip report over the next few weeks.

Greg Noose, Helena, MT

Road to Bottineau

I left Helena, Montana on Thursday, July 30, 2009 at about 10:30 AM. The purpose of the road trip was to pick up my wife in Wisconsin. She had gone there on the Amtrak passenger train, the "Empire Builder", to join her two sisters for a week. They needed to work out some of the property issues that were still outstanding since their father passed away late in 2008. Her train ride freed me up to make my own way from Montana to Wisconsin. For this trip, I intended to tow my teardrop trailer.

The objective that I had in mind was to drive through North Dakota on a few roads that I had never been over before, the northernmost highways, camping out along the way in my Little Guy Teardrop Camper/Trailer. I wanted to use my teardrop and confirm what I had been reading about on the Internet; that there really is a mountain range in North Dakota, and a nice one at that. I wanted to see that mountain range as well as a few of the surrounding towns like Bowbells, Bottineau and Belcourt. I had spent a lot of time setting up my teardrop, the trailer that I had named "Bismarck". I had my tools and my safety equipment ready. I had my camping gear laid out. Now I wanted to enjoy my teardrop trailer while I visited a less well-travelled part of North Dakota.

The immediate task at hand though was to pull my teardrop through downtown traffic in Bozeman, an eclectic, busy, Montana college town that is always chock full of vehicles and people, especially in the middle of the day. It would have been easy to drive right by Bozeman on Interstate 90, heading on to Columbus where I intended to spend the first night. But I had a taste for bagels, and as far as I am concerned, the best bagels in Montana are found at the BagelWorks at 708 West Main Street in Bozeman. This small restaurant / bagel shop is tucked in near a crowded intersection of narrow, misaligned streets. Pulling any trailer through these streets and downtown neighborhoods, even a small trailer like Bismarck, can be somewhat daunting. Negotiating these streets while pulling my teardrop would be worth it if I could obtain a bagel for lunch, plain or perhaps salted, nothing fancy though; my taste in bagels is fairly straightforward. I could get a cranberry bagel for an afternoon snack, and a poppy seed to have for a light supper. Crispy on the outside, soft but chewy throughout, always flavorful, BagelWorks bagels could motivate any kind of trailering within the tightest quarters of any town. So downtown Bozeman is where Bismarck and I started out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment