~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Sunday Worship

On Sunday, August 2nd, we enjoyed a wonderful worship service, and music, under the "tabernacle" (AKA the pavilion). I'm so blessed by the messages of Tim Greene. Special music by the Freemans.

Because I did not have WiFi, I wrote in a loose-leaf notebook:
"I'm blessed with a good memory (PTL!!) but want to write the events of the day while fresh in my mind.

It rained last night--but a gentle rain and did not enter the trailer (although a window was open about four inches). Up at 7:30; dressed in the trailer then headed for Tom Johnson Camping Center lobby. Oops! Closed!! Back at my site, I hitched the car and trailer and pulled it from the tall, soaking-wet grass to paved parking area. I "dumped" my "Little John."

It was misting rain so I went to the pavilion about 8:30 (two hours before the worship service). I watched the exodus of magnificent motorhomes--all pulling a nice car. In fact, one RV was pulling a car that was pulling a flat bed trailer with a golf cart. At the rate the RVs were leaving, I wondered if we'd have many people at the worship. I would estimate 200 and that was a good attendance. Music by the Freemans was lively and everyone was toe-tapping. Tim Greene delivered another inspiring message.

I pulled out of Tom Johnson's without my new daily dose of free WiFi. I'm handwriting the info for later entry into the blog. Turned left on US 70 headed toward Asheville. I wasn't sure of my destination. I would have headed for the Blue Ridge Parkway but rain during the worship service and cloudy at noon."

~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically--to see the next blog--click
Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Blue Ridge Parkway.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment