~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Blue Ridge Parkway

It was overcast with occasional sun when I left Tom Johnson Camping Center at 12:45 PM Sunday, 8/02/09. Preferring "the road less traveled" I took US 70 west (and not Interstate 40). I would have driven the Blue Ridge Parkway but suspected limited visibility. I encountered rain at 1:25, at the town of Black Mountain, followed by sunshine only five miles down the road.

I entered the
Blue Ridge Parkway (near Asheville) at 2:12, in glorious sunshine!! I spent over an hour in the magnificent new Visitors Center where I watched a good movie (re: BRP) and I read the information with the many displays. I wrote in my loose-leaf notebook: "It seemed only natural to continue on the Parkway toward the South entrance. I was in no hurry!!" ~~ The following two pictures were taken within half a mile of one another. One looking North and the other looking South. Approximately milepost 431.











This is the highest elevation on the Blue Ridge Parkway--at 5:45 PM.










The Southern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway at 7:00 PM, Sunday August 2nd. I exited the Northern end of the Skyline Drive (in Virginia) the evening of July 13th, 2009. I've traversed almost the entire route both directions.










~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically-to see the next blog--click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Cherokee, NC.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment