~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, August 28, 2009

Marching to a different drummer

Thousands crowded the area outside the Today Show studio, packed Rockafeller Center, and many blocks beyond. Countless millions watched on TV. What was the attraction? Miley Cyrus!! ~~ Personally, I left the apartment before the concert; I went shopping for a few necessities--including organic fruit and veggies. During the 30 mile drive to Gastonia, I listened to Christian music and an inspirational message (on the radio). 'Nuf said?!

No exaggeration: I spent about two hours in
Lowe's searching for "just the right" items for a repair on the Little Guy Teardrop trailer. More about the physical repair in a later message. Meanwhile, a caveat: Don't neglect weather stripping and allow water damage!! ~~ I now own a large heavy-duty tarp that I will use to cover Little Guy for the winter. But that doesn't address the problem of our frequent heavy rains--during the summer--when I am "between trips."

Yes, I do "home repairs"--and trailer repairs. However, this project calls for someone with tools and "know how" that I don't have. Two weeks ago a self-proclaimed expert on Teardrops looked at the project and said he would be back the next day. Eight days went by and I didn't hear from him. I called... and he said he'd been sick. He'd be here the next day with everything needed. That was four days ago!! ~~ Several days ago I searched the local phone book, and newspaper ads, for a "handyman." I called three... but only one returned my call.

What happened to honesty and integrity over the last few decades?? Why is a "senior" lady ignored?? I've always given more than was required. I've marched to a different drummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment