~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, August 7, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Quilt Show

I did not get up until 9 o'clock--so was "in bed" twelve hours!! It was such a dark gray morning I kept hoping for some sunshine. I was amazed when I awakened (again) and saw the time. First a shower and wash my hair, then tidy the trailer and fix green tea, bananas and blueberries for breakfast. Also, people walking by wanted to see Little Guy--so long conversations. Likewise, last night, several came by to see Little Guy. I love to "show" my teardrop trailer!!

With the number of people at the Quilt Show, you'd think money was being given away!! When I arrived at 11:30, we were being parked along the long main entry road because the many parking lots were full. $5. at the entrance to the Arboretum, for parking, and $4. admission to the Quilt Show. We were packed like sardines!! (Talking to an
Asheville Quilt Guild member, I learned Saturday and Sunday will be extremely crowded.) Due to the "multi-tude," I had to wait extended periods of time to snap a picture. According to their advertisement: "This annual event presented by the Asheville Quilt Guild features more than 300 quilts from many states and worldwide. Features demonstrations, a Merchant's Mall and a boutique of handmade items." FYI: My favorite... was on the whimsical side and titled "Sunbonnet Sue goes to Hollywood."











I browsed the gardens of the Arboretum, too, and sat in cool shady places to admire the beauty. I ate an apple rather than pay $8. for a Veggie Burger and chips (or Chicken Sandwich available for alternate choice). I repeat (from an earlier blog): I'm a "cheapskate."

Also from an earlier blog: "Too soon old, too late smart." From the Arboretum, it was only six miles to Panera via the Blue Ridge Parkway (nine miles from camp). The last several days I have fought traffic on the maze of surface streets, and the spiderweb of Interstates. On this short drive, I passed the 500 mile point for this recent trip.

~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically--to see the next blog--click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Quilt Show (pictures).
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment