~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A heartfelt welcome to visitors wishing to follow my Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels. For your convenience, you can follow my trips chronologically by clicking The Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. ~~ More trailer info. ~~ The overall contents of this blog are a mix of health & nutrition, and comments about my activities. Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--Shelby, NC

6:35 PM: I'm home; I'm at the end of my trail. I drove a total of 622.6 miles--and was gone for eleven days. Thinking of the south end of the Blue Ridge Parkway--at Cherokee, NC--reminded me of this famous statue called "End of the Trail." I've seen it--in California. ~~ I've had a BIG day and I feel about as tired as the Indian at the end of the trail. I'll be writing all the details in a day or two. ~~ I'm proud of the fact that I achieved over 8,000 steps on my pedometer. Most of the two-plus miles were at the Carl Sandburg home, walking from-and-to the parking lot--and to the goat barns.

The musical "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"--at the
Flat Rock Playhouse--was wonderful!! I was grinning from ear-to-ear every minute!! The singing, dancing, and acting was excellent!! I was blessed to purchase the last available ticket for the 2:15 matinee. I was front row, extreme right (next to the wall), so saw everything from an angle. The evening performance was sold out.

It started to sprinkle rain at 5:00 so that prompted my decision to return home. That was certainly "too early" to crawl into Little Guy for the night!!

~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically--to see the next blog--click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--the "bottom line".
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment